Re: Replacing Failing SSA Disk

From: Tim Muller (aix_sa_706@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 12:55:11 EST

Thanks to all for the replies. I should have
mentioned that the disk is in a 7133-010 array which
is filled, so I don't have the option of adding the
new disk before removing the old, and that I have
already identified the pdisk. The VG has 17 LVs and
the failing disk has 3 LVs on it. Maybe unmirroring
the whole VG isn't the best way to go? I copied the
procedure I had planned to use out of the IBM
Certification Study Guide for AIX 4.3 Sys Admin.

Thanks again,

Tim

=====
Tim Muller
Hamilton Co. Dept. of Job & Family Services
Cincinnati, OH USA