Re: Replacing Failing SSA Disk

From: Bill Thompson (bill.thompson@GOODYEAR.COM)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 12:38:37 EST

Tim,

When I have to replace an SSA disk I remove the associated pdisk as well as
the hdisk.

e.g.:
>ssaxlate -l hdisk17
pdiskxx
>rmdev -l pdiskxx -d

You may already be aware of this, but after the disk has been replaced you
need to run cfgmgr to re-discover the disk, then you should run diag -a to
process the hardware changes.

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.

AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2