Re: Replacing Failing SSA Disk

From: Patrick B. O'Brien (pobrien@DOIT.NV.GOV)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 11:57:55 EST

You have to go into Diag and SSA Aids and tell AIX your removing the PV by 'setting the service mode'. You need to get that PV blinking, then yank it.

Cfgmgr after you delete the hdisk_name and physically put in the new PV.

I think you may have to 'syncvg -p new_pv_name' after you mirror it, it might be stale.