C for AIX 5 - i4ls - LUM question

From: Mark Schlechte (MSCHLECH@REGINA.CA)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 17:03:16 EST

I need a little assistance troubleshooting a C compiler issue if
someonce can give me some.
I have one server running as my LUM server and 3 other servers that I
have setup to act
as clients. 2 work and 1 doesn't (but used to).
I am trying to remember how to troubleshoot this and so far have re-run
the
'i4cfg -script' option to redefine my config.
I can run the 'i4blt -s -l c' cmd and it seems to report it correctly.
However if I try and compile something via 'cc -o xxx xxx.c' (which
works
on the other clients) it takes a long time but eventually fails
saying:
1506-333 (S) License failure: acquire: No servers available etc.

lssrc -g iforls shows:
8:ROOT > lssrc -g iforls
Subsystem Group PID Status
 i4conmgr iforls 16448 active
 i4lmd iforls inoperative
 i4gdb iforls inoperative
 i4llmd iforls inoperative

Any ideas on how I should troubleshoot this? Log files?
Like I said I have 2 working servers so it shouldn't be too hard to get
this working
but, alas, so far it is.

Mark

BTW these are all 4.3.3 servers.