Re: Running syncvg in parallel using -P flag

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 07:23:18 EST

I've run parallel syncvgs in the past and it has saved me time. I'm not
sure about this VGDA problem: it hasn't affected me before. I've tended to
do "syncvg -l" rather than "syncvg -p", though; maybe that makes a
difference, although it seems unlikely.

My main interest in the "-P" flag is simplicity: I could just run one
command rather than have to analyse how the disks are connected and then run
several different commands.

Altria ITSC Europe Ltd
AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html
New to AIX? http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/portals/UNIX
N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.