p650 internal disks

From: Holger.VanKoll@SWISSCOM.COM
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 08:22:23 EST

Hello,

a p650 has 2 internal scsi-controller.

I noticed that on all of my p650 the 2 internal disks (rootvg) are
connected to the same controller. Nothing is connected to the 2nd
controller.
If there are external (non ssa, non san) disks, there is a 3rd and 4th
scsi-controller to which the disks are connected to.

I see no point in connecting both rootvg-disks to the same controller as
long there is an unused 2nd controller; neither regarding availability
nor performance.

But I dont know if this setup is shipped from IBM like this or if it is
done somewhere @ ibm in my country.

So, could you please tell me if your p650 have the same setup?

If anybody got an idea about any advantage with this setup, please let
me know.

Regards,

Holger