Re: p650 internal disks

From: Peter McKay (Peter.McKay@INFINITY.CO.NZ)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 15:07:44 EST

Hello,

The way the p650 is ordered from the factory can result in 2 separate configs.

(1) If the system has not been ordered with the spilt SCSI backplane for the 4 internal host swap disk bay's, then the disks are attached to the internal SCSI controller along with the devices in the media bay's.
(2) If the system is ordered with the split SCSI backplane (needed for LPAR'ing) then the system is cabled from the SCSI backplane to a "extender card: in slot 7, which extends the SCSI bus to allow attachment to 2 SCSI adapters. The devices in the media bay's are connected to the internal SCSI controller. This works fine and is relatively un-complicated.

Hope it helps..

Regards,

Pete.

Peter McKay