Re: Sessions failover

From: JOSEPH KREMBLAS (jkremblas@REDHEARTGIFTS.COM)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 12:00:58 EST

This depends on whether the sessions are persistent or non-persistent
sessions. Some applications and application servers use persistent or
non-persistent sessions. I was recently involved in a PeopleSoft
implementation and one of the issues that came up was the very same question
that you're asking. For example, PeopleSoft sessions had to be "refreshed"
at the web browser whenever a failover occurred because the sessions were
persistent (I believe). Some applications do not support session management,
and this is another consideration.