Re: JFS Log

From: Hunter, Mark (Mark.Hunter@ANHEUSER-BUSCH.COM)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 11:50:06 EST

You have several options.
First, I believe you can simply:
migratepv -l ${name of your jfslog} ${failing pv name} ${good pv name}.
If you have space, you could even just migrate the entire pv to the new drive...

If not, you should be able to mklvcopy the jfslog to another drive, then
rmlvcopy off the bad drive.

But to answer your actual question, yes, you can create a new jfslog on another
drive and direct all your filesystems to it. I wouldn't, but here is how:
1. mklv -t jfslog -c1 -y jfslog_new volumegroupname diskname
2. logform /dev/jfslog_new, answer yes. You now have a valid second jfs log.
3. for each filesystem using the old jfs
   do
      umount the filesystem
      chfs -a log=/dev/jfslog_new
      mount the filesystem