Re: JFS Log

From: Bill Thompson (wht@NEO.RR.COM)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 18:28:23 EST

I've seen a lot of excellent answers to this question but IMHO the simplest
solution is to mirror the logical volume for the jfslog to another disk in
the same volume group then, once the logical volumes were sync'd, break the
mirror from the bad disk. This can be done on-line with no interruption of
service.

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.

AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2