P690 Microcode installation responsibility update

From: Mike Viscount (mikev@EMAIL.UNC.EDU)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 16:11:14 EST

Just FYI,

I was talking to our CE's today while doing some maintenance on our P690 and
they told me that the firmware for the P690 is actually a "customer task". At
the same time they said that if the customer is having trouble they can help out
(or do it) and they have a code that they can charge the time to. Realizing the
international crowd on the list I'd still verify it but at least here in NC, USA
*my* warranty would not be void if I choose to upgrade my firmware. Again, you
should verify this for your own specific contracts but I just thought I'd pass
along my experience to the list.

Mike