Re: P690 Microcode installation responsibility update

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 05:24:13 EST

My guess, (and nothing more) is that IBM wanted to keep tight control over
microcode/firmware during the early days of the Regatta; probably
particularly keen to have everybody's code up-to-date to avoid any problems
and subsequent bad publicity. Now that it's more established they're
happier to let customers take charge of it.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.