Re: Restore command error--help

From: Hambleton, John S. (jhamblet@NMU.EDU)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 11:30:33 EST

At 04:45 PM 12/18/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hm.
>The idea of an allocation map fits, except neither the backup nor
>the restore command makes any explicit use of one! I can't find
>anything for that particular message ID, either.
>
>Did you continue with the restore? I don't see how that can do
>any harm, provided that you check the restored data afterwards.

Aye, we did continue anyway, Simon. I remembered that I have
a job that reads the contents of the tape after a backup is made.
We used that list to determine that yes, all our files were there after
the restore. So "hole in the map", although disconcerting, appears
to have been benign.

Thanks again for the reply, Simon!
John H

>Simon Green
>Altria ITSC Europe Ltd
>
>AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html
>
>AIX FAQ at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/aix-faq/
>
>N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
>Please post all follow-ups to the list.

+ John S. "Dilbert" Hambleton
+ Olson Library
+ Northern Michigan University
+ Marquette Michigan 49855
+
+ Phone: 906-227-2741
+ E-Mail: JHAMBLET@NMU.EDU
+
+ Ab alio expectes, alteri quod feceris.
+