Re: Restore command error--help

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 06:22:58 EST

It's not something I'm at all familiar with but I would
hazard a guess that it's talking about a physical partition
map, created when the data was backed up. Following the
disk crash, you're using a different disk, so the map is no
longer valid.

What sort of backup was it?
What's the restore command you're using?

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.