Re: Vendor Automatic account expiration script

From: Provoost, Richard (Richard.Provoost@ESSENT.NL)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 07:28:32 EST

Richard,

a few thoughts...

in /etc/profile add: echo `whoami` >> /tmp/logged_in_today.log

once a day parse the logfile (first do a sort -u | grep -v root ) and use
`chuser expires='<today>+14 days'`

(remove the logfile afterwards, create empty one and chmod 666 it)

For finding the today+14days follow the thread about 'tomorrows date'

Hope this helps,

Richard.