boot from SSA-disks?

From: fmu@OERAG.DE
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 11:54:31 EST

Hi *,

I have a question concerning configure rootvg. Is it possible to install
the AIX on SSA-disks and boot from this?

The background of my question is the following:
I want a backup-system for our DB2-database-server (without HACMP). So I
think, that I install a second AIX node, connect this on the SSA-loop from
the first one. When the produktion node crashs, I want to start an importvg
rootvg on the backup node and boot this from this SSA-disks. Start the db2
and the clients can connect to the backupserver with the same hostname as
the (crash-) first node.

Is this possible?

Best regards,
Frank Müller