Microcode / Firmware Upgrades on 9076-270 SP Node

From: Williamson, Alan (alan.williamson@SIEMENS.COM)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 09:08:23 EST

All,

 I need to upgrade the firmware on all of our SP nodes. ( 9076-270 wide
nodes ), and I have a few questions. I've downloaded the code and
instructions from the web but:-

1) Do you guys always do these upgrades yourselves or do you use IBM
engineers?

2) Do you have spare service processor cards etc. incase of problems? I
remember we once had a trashed F50 service processor card due to a firmware
upgrade.

3) Are there any Gotchas I should be aware of? Or is it as straight forward
as running the shutdown whilst pointing to the new firmware and then just
waiting for the box to come back up?

Thanks In Advance,

Alan