Re: Microcode / Firmware Upgrades on 9076-270 SP Node

From: John Jolet (john.jolet@FXFN.COM)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 09:26:03 EST

my ce always says to warn him first, so he can have the cards on hand. inspires confidence, doesn't it? I trashed an h50 once doing a microcode update. not fun.

I was also told not to jump more than 4 microcode versions. if you're further behind than that, consider doing it in steps (which opens the risk window a bit, too).

Frankly, i've been too scared to do it again since i was up all night replacing the card on the h50.