Re: Can groups 100 & 200 be reassigned

From: Harvey, Bruce T. (BTHarvey@LMUS.LEGGMASON.COM)
Date: Fri Oct 31 2003 - 09:45:43 EST

I don't know for sure about 200, but when I 'find / -user 100 -print' I only
get /home/guest ... for 200, I find all sorts of files for IMNSearch ... I
don't know how it might be affected, but I'll wager if you changed the ids
in the /etc files then changed all the existing 100s and 200s files and
directories to their respective new ids, you shouldn't have any problem. Of
course, someone may have hard-coded the user id number in a program, but
they'd be nasty and dispicable and not using good practices and should
therefore be loathed.

I bet it'd work, though.

Bruce T. Harvey
Legg Mason Wood Walker, Inc.