Can groups 100 & 200 be reassigned

From: Randy Rodgers (randy.rodgers@CI.FT-WAYNE.IN.US)
Date: Fri Oct 31 2003 - 09:06:19 EST

We are migrating an application to a newly installed AIX 4.3.3
(the vendor isn't ready for AIX 5 yet). When setting up the
groups we found that two GIDs that we had used for the
application were already assigned.

GID 100 is already assigned as group "usr", which is used by
user "guest".

GID 200 is already assigned as group "imnadm", which is used by
user "imnadm".

Does anyone know if it will cause a problem if I re-assign
these groups to different GIDs so that I can use GID 100 & 200?

Thank you,

[ Randy Rodgers
[ Senior Systems Programmer
[ Affiliated Computer Services, Inc (ACS)
[ Allen County/City of Fort Wayne
[ 1 E Main St - Rm-B16 - Fort Wayne, IN 46802
[ Phone: (260)427-5727
[ Fax: (260)427-1394
[ randy.rodgers@ci.ft-wayne.in.us