Re: NIM - multiple O/S Releases on one master machine?

From: Clifton, Pablo (Pablo.Clifton@BCBSFL.COM)
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 10:59:54 EDT

I've upgraded a server to 5.1 from a 4.3.3 NIM server- but there were some "bumps in the road". I don't recommend it.

You can have a NIM master running 5.2 which can have various lpp resources for AIX 5.2, 5.1, and 4.X.
You want the NIM server to be running an OS = or > than the clients you will be intalling. IBM support will require that also before they can help you.

-pablo

---
Pablo Clifton
UNIX Tech Support