Re: NIM - multiple O/S Releases on one master machine?

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 12:03:29 EDT

The NIM master can serve multiple versions of AIX - each with its own SPOT
and lppsource - but it must be at an equal or higher level to all of them.
(That includes maintenance level, not just base OS.) So if your master was
at 5.2 it'd be OK, but not at 4.3.3.

I've managed OK with (slightly) different maintenance levels in the past but
never tried it with a back-level OS and I don't want to!

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.