Re: Restore mksysb/shrink filesystems

From: Bill Verzal (BVerzal@KOMATSUNA.COM)
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 09:01:19 EDT

Odd. I did not see that. I'll attribute it to a PEBKAC error (Problem
Exists Between Keyboard And Chair)

BV

"If everything is coming your way, then you are in the wrong lane"

Bill Verzal
AIX Administrator, Komatsu America
(847) 970-3726 - direct
(847) 970-4184 - fax

| | Adams Kevin J |
| | <kevin.adams@PHS.|
| | COM> |
| | Sent by: IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | <aix-l@Princeton.|
| | EDU> |
| | |
| | |
| | 10/22/2003 05:44 |
| | PM |
| | Please respond to|
| | IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | |
  | |
  | To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU |
  | cc: |
  | Subject: Re: Restore mksysb/shrink filesystems |

Bill,

I have the option when restoring from an AIX 5.1 mksysb tape after booting
from the installation cd:

                 System Backup Installation and Settings

Either type 0 and press Enter to install with the current settings, or type
the
number of the setting you want to change and press Enter.

      Setting: Current Choice(s):

    1 Disk(s) where you want to install ...... hdisk0...
         Use Maps............................. No
    2 Shrink File Systems..................... No

>>> 0 Install with the settings listed above.

    88 Help ? | WARNING: Base Operating System Installation
will
                       | destroy or impair recovery of ALL data on the
                       | destination disk hdisk0.
>>> Choice [0]: 1

Kevin Adams
PacifiCare Behavioral Health