Re: SP-attached S80?

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 02:46:10 EDT

Well, once you've plugged in the serial cables, you define it
to the CWS with the spframe command:
spframe -p SAMI -s tty2 -r yes -o 2 1 tty1
It's possible that I've got the ttys the wrong way round,
but I think that's right. It should be fairly obvious if
it's wrong, in which case just delete the frame and add it
in again.
If it's switch-attached you need a "-n switch_node_number"
in there as well.
You can do all this through SMIT if you prefer, of course.

Once that's done you should be able to see the S80 through
spmon/perspectives. You then define the node as normal.

If you're not familiar with adding nodes etc, then I would
strongly suggest that you sort out your problems with the
documentation before proceeding. All you need is here:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/pseries/library/sp_books/pssp.html

I normally download the PDF manuals rather than try to view
them on-line.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.