Re: P690 and Shark Performance Problem

From: Clifton, Pablo (Pablo.Clifton@BCBSFL.COM)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 12:36:35 EDT

Also- you might like to use:

        lmktemp

Large Sequential I/O tests:
WRITE TEST:
        cd /BIG
        time lmktemp 2GBtestfile 2000000000
        divide 2000/#sec for MB/sec write speed

READ Test:
        umount /BIG (flush file from p690 memory)
        mount /BIG
        time cp 2GBtestfile /dev/null
        divide 2000/#sec for MB/sec read speed

Run the tests while nmon (select a for adapter) runs in another window
you will see the throughput for each fibre channel adapter from p690 to ESS.

-pablo

---
Pablo Clifton
UNIX Tech Support