External SCSI for a IntelliStation Power 275

From: cbaker@GOODYEAR.COM
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 12:56:30 EDT

Folks,

We just got in a load of IntelliStation Power 275 workstations to replace
44P-170's.

They look good, but we were surprised that they did not come with an
external SCSI connection. We had some additional PCI Ultra-SCSI adaptors
we were using in 44P's and H70's ( PCI Single Ended Ultra SCSI Adaptor
[4-K] PN: 93H5310 FRU: 9343809 ) that we figured we could plug into
the IntelliStation Power 275 and attach our external disk drives.

BUT, even though the new hardware has PCI slots, and the lots are the right
length, the notch does not line up with the PCI SCSI card??

Anyone have any thoughts as to why a PCI card won't go into a PCI slot?
What do we need to get to have external SCSI access?

(On a different note: Anyone know what the "Rack Indicator" port on the
back of the IntelliStation Power 275 is for?)

Thanks,

Christopher M. Baker
Senior Technical Support Analyst
DSE/TCO
Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information.
May not be copied or disseminated without the expressed
written consent of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company.