Re: many syslog errors for lft0 following graphics card installation AIX 5.1 p630

From: Bob Booth - UIUC (booth@UIUC.EDU)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 11:10:25 EDT

2 cents:

'getty' and 'login' are both 'tsm'. It is not related to your old tty console
and it may have something to do with an improper mode setting on the graphics
display (between the card and the actual tube), or it could be a down rev
driver, or incompatible graphics card.

'dup' is the like the 'fcntl' system call, and is used to deal with opening
file descriptors (ie. OUTFD). It may be attempting operate/lock/unlock the
device for some operation, and expecting -1 as a rc.

Do you have a custom herald displayed on the console? Do you run any type
of terminal services program that may try to take over the console device?

Hope some of this helps.

bob