Re: Tape Drive Failure

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 10:21:57 EDT

Have you actually cleaned the drive yourself, or are you relying on someone
else telling you that it's been done?

I had a problem a couple of years ago (with an 8mm drive) caused by a dirty
head. The operators cleaned it when requested, but they had been omitting
to tick off the boxes on the cleaning tape, so it was all used up and wasn't
actually doing anything.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.