Re: hacmp in a sp-environment

From: Raj Atwal (atwalrs@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 11:02:19 EDT

Hi Holger,

I think you answered your own question - and that is

"I could do this on the nodes but I dont want to get problems the next time those nodes have to be customized"

I have seen when the SDR is not in sync with the correct configuration of the node regarding ethernet and IP settings it can cause problems. Let say for instance another administrator comes along and does a customization without checking the SDR, now you lose those node settings that you had. I would always recommend that you keep teh SDR in sync. You could of course make a manual change on the node and also update the SDR with these new settings just in case somebody does run a customization in the future.

HTH

Raj Atwal

Holger.VanKoll@SWISSCOM.COM wrote:

Hello,

I have 2 4.3.3 nodes running hacmp. Both nodes reside in the same frame (yes, spof but $ rules the world).

Now I have to change speed and duplex-settings for en1 and en2. en1 is normal internet, en2 is internal (hampc-)net for those 2 nodes (192.168.x.x).

I could do this on the nodes but I dont want to get problems the next time those nodes have to be customized.
So I will do it on the CWS (sdr) and customize/boot the nodes.

I know that en1 has to be set to the boot-address. Thats already done and nothing will be changed here, so there wont be problems.

But en2 is what makes me worries. Currently it isnīt defined in the sdr at all. So I could reconfigure en2 on the nodes (regarding speed/duplex) and let the sdr as it is.

I dont see why this should cause problems - what do you think?

And what would I gain by putting and configuring en2 in the sdr?

Regards,

Holger

Raj Atwal
Senior Systems Consultant