Re: Simple Disaster Recovery Procedure?

From: Holger.VanKoll@SWISSCOM.COM
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 12:43:47 EDT

old thread, but I noticed something:

1) the placement of the lv will not be the same as they have been
2) lv that were striped will be created as non-striped

I tried to use map-files, but that gives this warning:

Creating information file for volume group crashvg.....
0512-053 mkvgdata: WARNING: The creation of
map files was specified, however,
at least one logical volume was striped.
Striped logical volumes can not be created
with map files. The striped logical volume may not
be recreated in exactly the same place.

Creating list of files to back up.
Backing up 11 files
11 of 11 files (100%)
0512-038 savevg: Backup Completed Successfully.

I am thinking about a way to restore striped lv too. Any ideas?

Regards, Holger