syslog and tuning

From: cbaker@GOODYEAR.COM
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 13:26:42 EDT

We have two P655 that are NFS only servers serving up multiple terabytes of
filesystems that reside on fibre attached EMC SAN and a FAStT500.

What would be good entries in the "/etc/syslog.conf" I would want to
capture?

What "nfso" setting would a I want to change to enhance the NFS serving of
these filesystems?

How many "nfsd" should I have or is that automatic?

Thanks,

Christopher M. Baker
Senior Technical Support Analyst
DSE/TCO
Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information.
May not be copied or disseminated without the expressed
written consent of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company.