Re: jfs2 & 5.2 any performance issues?

From: John Jolet (john.jolet@FXFN.COM)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 11:41:51 EDT

dunno about jfs2 or 5.2, but aix always runs 99% used in memory. you have to look and see how much is computational and how much is noncomp (file cache). i would expect your file cache percent to be VERY high while backing up a filesystem, since aix will notice you keep reading from the same place and will keep increasing the readahead factor to get as much in memory as possible. were you truly swapping (as in "to paging space" was high)?