Re: S85 not quite right !!

From: Clifton, Pablo (Pablo.Clifton@BCBSFL.COM)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 11:47:21 EDT

Spencer-

Couple suggestions-

    run "pstat -A | grep aio | wc -l"
    this will show how many Async io servers you are using.
    check "smitty aio" to see if you are using the max number defined.
    you may want to increase the number of aio servers available. I've seen
S80s with Oracle need 300-1000 aio servers.

    run "vmtune -a" ; sleep 20 ; "vmtune -a"
    if fsbufcnt is increasing, then you need to add more file system buffers
by increasing the numfsbufs (-b) setting.
  (problem here is filesystems have to be unmounted and remounted for the
change to help).

-pablo