jfs2 & 5.2 any performance issues?

From: Anthony F. Fiore (anthony.fiore@NYU.EDU)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 11:17:38 EDT

Good Day,

    I was wondering if anyone on the list has noticed any performance
issues with JFS2 and AIX 5.2 ML-1, most notably memory issues. The
reason I say this is because when I looked at one of my systems this
morning, it was using 99% of it's memory and starting to swap like crazy
according to nmon64. TSM was backing up a test filesystem at the time,
so I killed the tsm process, and unmounted the jfs2 filesystem and poof!
my memory usage went down to 31.5 percent while the filesystem was being
unmounted. Granted, this is a huge filesystem in the 200 GB range, but
should it really eat up THAT much memory?

TIA,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fiore