Re: ESS config for single threaded throughput

From: James Thompson (mezron@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 13:37:25 EDT

To answer your questions.

      - Will this be random or sequential I/O?
sequential I/O
      - Will it be SCSI or Fiber?
Fibre to the shark
      - What is the system type of the AIX box?
pSeries 630
      - What oslevel are you on?
AIX 5.2B
      - Are you using the SDD for load balancing and failover ?
No, I didn't select those options.

I would also be interested in doing some NFS testing. Any recommended
tuning for creating a single file system that can handle large NFS traffic?

Finally what is the best way to do a JFS2 log with ESS? Inline log?
separate ESS logical volume for the log? I'm very hazy on what to do with
the log logical volumes in order to get the best performance.

James Thompson