ESS config for single threaded throughput

From: James Thompson (mezron@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 11:39:54 EDT

I've got an IBM ESS in a sandbox environment. I'm interested in creating a
file system with the best possible single threaded performance. So far what
I've done is create sixteen logical volumes, and make them available to my
aix system. At this point would it make sense to create a filesystem that
stripes across these 16 volumes? What stripe size should I use? I'll be
reading data from the disk and sending it off to either /dev/null or a tape
drive that can compress the data on disk.

Can something similar be done in a Win2k environment to have a single
logical drive with high single streamed throughput?

James Thompson