Re: Sharing SSA disk space

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 10:01:49 EDT

No. Concurrent VGs will allow access to the disks, but JFS doesn't support
it. You'd need to use some other sort of filesystem or database which
provides additional locking features.

GPFS, which has been mentioned, is somewhat akin to NFS, in that you access
data on remote systems over a high-speed network. No physical devices are
shared between servers.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe s.a.r.l.

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.

<SNIP>