Re: Sharing SSA disk space

From: Jan-Frode Myklebust (janfrode@PARALLAB.UIB.NO)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 14:27:53 EDT

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 04:01:49PM +0200, Green, Simon wrote:

> GPFS, which has been mentioned, is somewhat akin to NFS, in that you access
> data on remote systems over a high-speed network. No physical devices are
> shared between servers.

Maybe correct for some configurations, but with GPFS you can also
share physical devices between servers.

In our configuration we run GPFS/hacmp between 3 regatta nodes
which all are connected to the same SSA loops. All reads and writes
are going directly over SSA from all nodes, only some minor
locking/token(?) data is going over the network between the nodes.
This network doesn't seem to have to be more than standard fast
ethernet.

   -jf