Re: FTP client for AIX

From: Robert Gullace (tronix_man@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 20:56:58 EDT

You could also try out www.samba.org and grab the software called rsync. I use it on some of our customers and love it. Works really great to sync up filesystems or files or directories from one unix box to another. It also is supposed to work with windows, but last I heard it was not that great. Rsync will only transfer the block of the file that has been modified. So if you really don't need to move teh whole file it will only move that block. It seriously cuts down on network bandwith usage. Bob.

Lloyd Dieter <ldieter@SNRGY.COM> wrote:Check out "ncftp", and the script-friendly "ncftpget" and
"ncftpput"...pretty nifty. The client is freely available, the server
code costs.

http://www.ncftpd.com

-Lloyd

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:24:48 -0500