Re: FTP client for AIX

From: Lloyd Dieter (ldieter@SNRGY.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 16:10:05 EDT

Check out "ncftp", and the script-friendly "ncftpget" and
"ncftpput"...pretty nifty. The client is freely available, the server
code costs.

http://www.ncftpd.com

-Lloyd

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:24:48 -0500
Greg Breuer <breuerg@MISSOURI.EDU> wrote:

> Is there an FTP client for AIX which will transfer directory
> structures too (recursive)? As I see it, the default FTP does not
> allow this.
>
> Help! I want to transfer a lot of data, but surely not looking
> forward to tarring the whole lot to move the data to another AIX box.
> --
>
> Gregory S. Breuer
> GRC/MSDIS
> UM-Columbia
> v:573.884.7802 f:573.884.4239
> mailto:breuerg@missouri.edu
> MSDIS - http://msdis.missouri.edu/
> * * *
> Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
> It's already tomorrow in Australia.
>
> -Charles Schultz

    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
                     Registered Linux User 285528
   Synergy, Inc.   http://www.synergyinc.cc   ldieter@snrgy.com
             Main:585-389-1260    fax:585-389-1267
                        SMS:5853292627@vtext.com