Re: FTP client for AIX

From: Alan Vidmar (Alan.Vidmar@COLORADO.EDU)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 14:35:16 EDT

How about using TAR and rsh to handle it?

rsh remoteserver "cd /remotedir; tar -cBf - ." |tar -xvBf -

Alan

Date sent: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:24:48 -0500
Send reply to: IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>
From: Greg Breuer <breuerg@MISSOURI.EDU>
Subject: FTP client for AIX
Originally to: AIX-L@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU
To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU

> Is there an FTP client for AIX which will transfer directory
> structures too (recursive)? As I see it, the default FTP does not
> allow this.
>
> Help! I want to transfer a lot of data, but surely not looking
> forward to tarring the whole lot to move the data to another AIX
> box. --
>
> Gregory S. Breuer
> GRC/MSDIS
> UM-Columbia
> v:573.884.7802 f:573.884.4239
> mailto:breuerg@missouri.edu
> MSDIS - http://msdis.missouri.edu/
> * * *
> Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
> It's already tomorrow in Australia.
>
> -Charles Schultz

"I don't have time to be impatient."
Alan R. Vidmar Assistant Director of IT
Office of Financial Aid University of Colorado
Alan.Vidmar@Colorado.EDU (303)492-3598
*** This message printed with 100% recycled electrons ***