AIX 5.2 , snapp user id

From: Wesley Joyce (wjoyce@UVI.EDU)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 09:53:01 EDT

I recently changed the snapp user's id from 201 to 101. I then did a find
/ -owner snapp and only found /usr/sbin/snapp/.profile. So I re applied to
correct ownership since the UID change. Is everything know safe?

Here is what I found about AIX + SNAPP on google.

SNAPP (System Networking, Analysis, and Performance Pilot) is an
extensible, XML-based application that provides a menu-driven interface for
UNIX system administration tasks on a hand held PDA.
http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/snapp

I don't for see ever needing this functionality, but just to be safe. It
does sound cool. Wonder why my h/w CE never came to my shop with a Palm?

Wesley Joyce, Systems Administrator
Center for Administrative Computing (CAC), IT
University of the Virgin Islands
#2 John Brewers Bay, St. Thomas, USVI 00802-9990
(340) 693-1469 (voice) / (340) 693-1465 (fax)
http://www.uvi.edu

"If you can't explain it simply, than you don't know it well enough. -
Unknown."