Few Questions

From: RANGI, JAI (JAI_RANGI@SDSTATE.EDU)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 10:04:01 EDT

We have RS6000, running AIX5L 32 bit, 4 processors.

I run an application called GAMESS (Chemistry), The max CPU utilization it
use is max of one processors out of 4, though there is more CPU that can be
used, but all it use is 25% of the total CPU resources. Is there something
in AIX that is not allowing it to use more than 1 processor. How to take
advantage of 4 or all the available CPU resources.

The system is capable of running 64 bit, is there any documentation to
upgrade the system from 32 bit to 64 bit.
Also we have some applications which are running in 32 bit environment, can
we run those application in 64 bit environment as well without any problem
or change. (I guess not, but I am not sure)
Any help on any of the above will be appreciated....

Jai Rangi