Re: Low end POWER4 servers

From: Klaus Oberle (Klaus.Oberle@LINDE-MH.DE)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 05:54:15 EDT

The instructor of the AIX LPAR course told us an easy rule to identify
"AIX5.2-ready" boxes:

"All servers with a black cover and the F50" (except SP MCA nodes)

The p610's bezel is black - isn't it?

/klaus

Klaus Oberle
IT Administration
Linde Material Handling
www.linde.com

                      Tim Muller
                      <aix_sa_706@YAHO An: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                      O.COM> Kopie:
                      Gesendet von: Thema: Re: Low end POWER4 servers
                      IBM AIX
                      Discussion List
                      <aix-l@Princeton
                      .EDU>

                      21.04.2003 17:15
                      Bitte antworten
                      an IBM AIX
                      Discussion List

So the p610 won't run 5.2? It has POWER3 CPU(s). I
have read the AIX 5.2 announcement letter and it does
not seem to exclude the p610.

--- "Anthony F. Fiore" <anthony.fiore@NYU.EDU> wrote:
> right now it's the p630 at the low end, but I would
> guess IBM's strategy
> would have them make an even lower end system then
> the 630, possibly
> replacing the B50 or putting a Power4 inside a 44P.
>
> Tim Muller wrote:
>
> >What is the low end of the 2-way or 4-way POWER4
> >server market? TIA.

=====
Tim Muller
Hamilton Co. Dept. of Job & Family Services
Cincinnati, OH USA

http://search.yahoo.com

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail
in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.
the views of Linde Material Handling.

Since January 2002 we use the e-mail domain linde-mh.de instead
of linde-fh.de.

This mail has been swept for the presence of computerviruses.