Hardware monitoring for SP-Attached S7A incorrect

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 10:44:36 EDT

My SP2 - PSSP 3.2 Fix Set 19; AIX 4.3.3 ML08 - includes one SP-attached S7A.

When I look at this through Hardware Perspectives, both the Power and TTY
boxes are greyed out, with question marks. (That's on a table view.)

When I look at the Node Status page of the properties, the power box (at the
top of the page) is grey, with question marks, and the button to the right
has no label.
The TTY box and the "Open TTY..." button are missing entirely, as is the
"Network Boot..." button.

Host Responds and Switch Responds are both green and the server seems fine.
All of the other nodes - including three SP-Attached p660s - are OK.

I've been through the checks for SP-Attached servers in the PSSP Diagnosis
Guide and everything appears to be OK: the serial connections are OK, all
the daemons are running. I can't power off the system or take other major
interventions as it's a critical production system.

Has anybody seen this sort of thing before? Any suggestions for actions
which will not interfere with the operation of this or any other systems?

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe s.a.r.l.

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.