Re: Unable to configure console in maintenance mode

From: Bill Verzal (BVerzal@KOMATSUNA.COM)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 12:13:31 EDT

We needed a 4/2002 version for our F80.
Bill Verzal
AIX Admin/Komatsu America
(847) 970-3726 (v)

| | "Green, Simon" |
| | <Simon.Green@EU.A|
| | LTRIA.COM> |
| | Sent by: IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | <aix-l@Princeton.|
| | EDU> |
| | |
| | 04/11/2003 11:00 |
| | AM |
| | Please respond to|
| | IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | |
  | |
  | To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU |
  | cc: |
  | Subject: Unable to configure console in maintenance mode |

I had a problem with an F80 yesterday and needed to boot it into
maintenance
mode.

However, when I tried to do this from CD the system got stuck with LED 0c45
- unable to configure the console. This was after various messages had
been
displayed, and I'd pressed "5" to boot from CD. Also, I had previously
been
logged on to the system with this terminal and I had successfully accessed
the SMS menus.

The console is an IBM 3153. The CD I used was AIX 4.3.3 volume 1, from
LCD4-0286-07, dated 09/2001. I'm positive that I booted this system from
either this version of the CD or an older one last year. I don't have a
newer version.

I successfully booted from a mksysb tape in the end.

Can anybody else with F80s and/or 3153 terminals let me know what version
of
CD you're using?

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe s.a.r.l.

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.