Re: How to make errpt write to a syslog file

From: Damir Delija (damir.delija@PBZ.HR)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 01:48:36 EDT

Hi Bruno!

There are few possibilities, you can change en_method to filter program
which can filter out
In literature you have some examples look at Sandor W. Sklar description and
tool.

I'm using this one, straight from my runbook ---

---
1.6 Errorlog and syslog integration
Errolog and syslog integration, adds catch on every erorlog entry
error daemon process this new event and does the addiotiona actions
It can be used for any other to send  mail, snmp-traps, auto actions etc
It had to be added into odm
errnotify:
        en_name = "syslog1"
        en_persistenceflg = 1
        en_method = "logger Msg from Error Log: `errpt -l $1 | grep -v
'ERROR_ID TIMESTAMP'`"
1.6.1 Procedure
create /tmp/syslog.add with this lines
and add it into odm with
        odmadd /tmp/syslog.add
Check the status of the odm with odmget
        odmget -q"en_name='syslog1'" errnotify
Chech if all is working with errlogger command
        errorlogger system test-syslog
1.6.2 Literature:
        "Advanced AIX system administration AUX16, ch 8"
        "Managing AIX farms" redbook SG246606, Example B-2"
        "http://whippet.stanford.edu/~ssklar/aix/errreporter/"