AIX license costs

From: Tim Muller (aix_sa_706@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 16:36:54 EST

I phoned IBM Software Sales to ask the cost of AIX
licenses. I was told that I had to provide a serial
number of a machine that is registered to my agency
before I could be given a quote, and it is impossible
to find out what a license will cost prior to
purchasing a server.

Can would anyone care to make a guess what AIX
licenses would cost under the following two
conditions?

1. AIX v4.3.3 on a 7013-J50 with 4 CPUs
2. AIX v5.2 on a 7025-H50 with 4 CPUs

Thanks.

=====
Tim Mueller
Hamilton Co. Dept. of Job & Family Services
Cincinnati, OH USA