Finding user of an NFS filesystem

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 05:45:11 EST

Following some maintenance to an NFS server yesterday, I have a problem with
one of the clients. I re-mounted the filesystem on all of the other
clients, but forgot this one.

All I need to do is unmount it and remount it. However, when I try to
unmount it I get

umount: 1831-015 16 error while unmounting baut101s:/xcom/baup121 -
The requested resource is busy.

How can I fins out what's trying to use this? fuser isn't giving me any
information: it just says that /xcom isn't there any more:

/xcom: /xcom: A file, file system or message queue is no longer available.

The filesystem is mounted between two SP2 nodes, over the SP Switch. The
client is a SAP Application server, and it's presumably something in SAP
that's using it. We plan to stop the SAP Application instance at
lunchtime, which I hope will sort out the problem and allow me to remount
the filesystem, but I'd appreciate any suggestions for future reference.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe s.a.r.l.