Re: Dumb Question RE: speaker on RS/6000

From: Frye, Matthew (Matthew.Frye@REXHEALTH.COM)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 15:43:14 EST

John,
        To be honest with you, I am not sure you want to do that. Sure,
that beep can get annoying, but keep in mind that something is causing it
and usually for good reason. Also, you'll find that if ever have to
diagnose your machine or load microcode, that speaker is necessary to
determine when to hit the appropriate function key, e.g. for SMS menu, etc.

Matt Frye
Sr. Systems Programmer, RS/6000 Group
Rex Healthcare
(919) 784-3791